Photon Cloud provides you with global connectivity to allow low latency gaming all around the world.
Photon Cloud has servers in several regions, distributed across multiple hosting centers over the world.
Each Photon Cloud region is identified by a "region token".
Set the region before calling "Connect",
Dashboard Regions Filtering
You can filter the list of available Photon Cloud regions per application on the fly directly from the dashboard.
Go to the dashboard and then click "Manage" for a chosen application and then click "Edit". You will find an input field where you can enter the list of whitelisted regions as follows:
- the allowed list should be a string of region tokens seprated by semicolon. e.g. "eu;us".
- region tokens are case insensitive and are defined here.
- undefined or unrecognized region tokens will be ignored from the list.
- empty ("") or malformed string (e.g. ";;;") means empty list.
- empty list means all available regions are allowed.
Once you confirm and save, the operation
GetRegions will return only the filtered list of regions.
Thus clients should select from that list but it's fully possible clients connect to any available region explicitly.
Take into consideration that dashboard updates propagation can take up to 10 minutes.