The MMO Grid Demo is a 3D demo client that uses the MMO Application. You can either run it many times to get an impression of the interest management done or you can use it cooperatively with the "Win Grid" Client described in its own page.
Before you try to run any of the clients, make sure to start the Photon Server. What you need to do to make it work:
- Open "MmoSolution": "src-server\Mmo\Photon.Mmo.sln".
- Select the project "Photon.MmoDemo.Server" and build it.
- Copy server app binaries (all files) from "src-server\Mmo\Photon.MmoDemo.Server\bin" to "deploy\MmoDemo\bin".
- Start "PhotonControl" from "deploy\bin_WinXX\PhotonControl.exe".
- Start "MmoDemo" Instance from "PhotonControl". (you can find it in tray icon)
Now you can start any of the clients.
- Navigate to: "src-server\Mmo\Photon.MmoDemo.Client.UnityGrid".
- Open the scene "mmodemo.unity" in the Assets folder.
- Unity will upgrade the scene if needed but might fail doing so. If the process crashes, try again! Unity usually recovers after an initial issue.
- When the editor is open, the compiler might list two errors (open the console view). Double-click to open the log entry and simply comment out those source lines.
After this is done, you can start the scene in the editor and run around but you are alone. The demo client does not provide bots or multiple connections.
To simulate more players on a single machine, use the WinGrid Demo. It is also in the Server SDK but must be built first.