Expanding the Project
Adding New Scene
- Duplicate an existing scene (for example
- Replace existing objects (Geometry, Lights, Item Boxes, ...) with custom objects.
- Save the map.
- Add the scene to Build Settings.
- Add the scene to
MapSettingsasset (located in
Assets/TPSBR/Resources/Settings). Pick an unique Id, set correct scene path and update other metadata. If you want the scene to appear in runtime Menu UI, enable
Show In Map Selectiontoggle.
Adding New Agents
- Duplicate an existing agent prefab (
Assets/TPSBR/Prefabs/Agents) or create a new prefab variant from the
- Replace the character model and create all necessary weapon handle objects in the bone hierarchy Check what is needed based on an existing agent.
BodyPartcomponents to appropriate bones to define character hit boxes and refresh the list of hit boxes in the
- Assign weapon handles, bone references, and other references in the
- For an agent to be displayed as a playable character in the menu, add it in the
Adding New Weapons
- Duplicate an existing weapon prefab or create a new prefab variant from the appropriate prefab base (
- Assign a new
WeaponID, display name, name shortcut, and correct
- Replace the weapon model and adjust the size of existing colliders if needed.
- To create a corresponding weapon pickup prefab, follow a similar prefab creation workflow also for the weapon pickup (
Assets/TPSBR/Prefabs/Pickups/Weapons). Update the
WeaponPickupcomponent with the new weapon prefab.
- To test the weapon, add it to the
InitialWeaponsarray in the
Weaponscomponent on the
- To have a new weapon available in item boxes, Add the weapon pickup in the
Adding New Projectiles
- Duplicate an existing projectile prefab or create a new prefab variant from the appropriate prefab base (
- Modify the component values or graphics.
- Assign the projectile prefab reference in the weapon prefab (