Voice For PUN2
The Voice for PUN2 layer logic is inherited from the original Photon Voice 1 or PUNVoice: Voice client state can be automatically synchronized with PUN's client state.
The main use case in mind is that each player has network-instantiated PUN prefab (character or avatar) where audio is 3D positioned. A single voice stream has a pair of components one on each endpoint: the Recorder and the Speaker. When using PUN the pair is linked via Photon View ID.
The PhotonVoiceNetwork extends VoiceConnection and adds PUN related features: The default SpeakerFactory is overridden and you can tweak how much you want the PUN and Voice clients' states to be in sync. Also PUN and Voice can optionally share the same AppSettings from the PhotonServerSettings.
The new factory will try to find the proper Speaker for the voice stream info using the Photon View ID exchanged as custom user data object.
Auto Connect And Join
If PUN joins a room, the Voice client can connect and join a corresponding voice room as well.
Auto Leave And Disconnect
If PUN leaves the room the Voice client can disconnect automatically.
The PhotonVoiceView is the component responsible for setting up the Recorder and Speaker for the network-instantiated PUN prefab.
How To Use Voice With PUN (Suggested Workflow)
Scene Setup (PhotonVoiceNetwork)
- Add a PhotonVoiceNetwork to the scene.
- Choose if you want to use AppSettings from PUN's PhotonServerSettings or separate ones:
a. If you tick/check "Use PUN Settings": go to PUN's PhotonServerSettings and update them with Voice info if needed.
b. If you untick/uncheck "Use PUN Settings": update the Settings in the same component.
- Optionally set
- Optionally set
- Optionally add a Recorder to the scene, update its properties and assign it to
- Optionally decide if (6.a.) and how (6.b.) Speaker instances should be created when we can't find one for the incoming voice stream:
a. Optionally set
b. Optionally add a Speaker prefab (a prefab that has a Speaker component) and assign it
Prefab Setup (PhotonVoiceView)
- Add a PhotonVoiceView to a GameObject of a PUN prefab that has a PhotonView attached to it.
- Recorder setup (a or b or c):
PhotonVoiceView.UsePrimaryRecorderto true (requires
PhotonVoiceNetwork.PrimaryRecorderto be set).
c. Add a Recorder to the prefab, update its properties and assign it to the
- Optionally add a Speaker to the prefab and assign it to the