The transition to IPv6 is inevitable. Apple no longer accepts submissions to the App Store, if their networking does not work in IPv6 networks (recommended reading). As a result, some developers may become worried. Well don't be, Photon got you covered.
We know that a full switch to IPv6 can take time. That is why Photon Cloud is accessible from IPv4 and IPv6 clients. To use IPv6 with Photon Cloud, please use proper client SDK version from this list. If you're hosting your own Photon Server, please visit this page for more instructions.
Currently, the following Photon SDKs support IPv6:
- Photon Server SDK v4: starting from version
- Photon Server SDK v3: starting from version
- Photon Native (C++/Objective-C) Client SDKs: starting from version
- Photon .Net/Mono (C#) Client SDK: starting from version
- PUN: starting from version
- Unity supports IPv6 in versions 4.7.2, 5.1.5, 5.2.5, 5.3.4p4, 5.4.0p1 and newer (Unity blog post).
The 5.4 release has broken IPv6 support.
Testing IPv6 with DNS64/NAT64
We recommend testing on a local environment using the methods proposed by Apple.
You can easily setup a IPv6 WiFi using a Mac.Back to top