The Advanced KCC is a 3D kinematic character controller addon with strong focus on player movement and interactions with the game world. It utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to ensure exceptional, butter-smooth gaming experience to your players. It also provides virtually limitless level of customization, allowing you to create the perfect character control system tailored to your game's needs, with great performance and efficiency without compromising on quality.
⚠️ This addon is an advanced version of Simple KCC, expert coding skills are expected.
⚠️ It is recommended to start by exploring Sample Project which implements player logic, input processing and includes several gameplay oriented examples.
- 🟢 Control over position and look rotation (pitch + yaw).
- 🟢 Capsule based physics query and depenetration.
- 🟢 Support for Gravity.
- 🟢 Support for Jump.
- 🟢 Ground detection.
- 🟢 Continuous collision detection (CCD) out of the box.
- 🟢 Separate game object for collider (created at runtime as child game object).
- 🟢 Support for ignoring child colliders.
- 🟢 Step detection and ground snapping.
- 🟢 Platform independent, mobile friendly.
- 🟢 Network & performance optimized.
- 🟢 Pooling compatible.
- 🟡 Support for moving platforms and latency independent character snapping.
- 🟡 Optional render prediction for maximum responsivity and movement precision.
- 🟡 Dynamic (physics-like) and kinematic (unconstrained) velocity based movement.
- 🟡 Support for external forces - acceleration, velocity, force, impulse.
- 🟡 Pipeline driven by
Processorsfor movement logic modularization.
- 🟡 Support for interactions - manually registered
- 🟡 Optional synchronization of KCC properties over the network.
- 🟡 Advanced collision and interaction filtering - callbacks, collider ignore list.
- 🟡 Collision enter/exit callbacks for predicted characters.
- 🟡 Automatic / Manual execution of update methods.
- 🟡 Extensible data structures via partial implementation.
- 🟡 Support for frame by frame debug - editor drawings, logs.
- 🟡 Utilities for performance/stat recording and graph visualizations.
- 🟡 Base environment implementation with acceleration and friction models for movement.
- 🟡 Commented samples and testing playgrounds from basic to expert difficulty.
- 🟡 Full source code access.
Download - Sample
|2.0.4||Nov 09, 2023||Fusion Advanced KCC Sample 2.0.4 Build 319|
Download - Addon
|2.0.3||Nov 09, 2023||Fusion Advanced KCC 2.0.3 Build 318|
- Unity 2021.3
- Fusion AppId: To run the sample, first create a Fusion AppId in the PhotonEngine Dashboard and paste it into the
App Id Fusionfield in Real Time Settings (reachable from the Fusion menu in Unity editor). Continue with instructions in Sample Project.
When to use Advanced KCC?
Aside from fully prepared Sample Project which gets you very quickly to prototyping game mechanics, there are some valid reasons for switching to Advanced KCC:
- Simple KCC is too limiting.
- Fine-grained control over character is needed.
- Targeting e-sport and low input lag.
- Utilization of KCC interaction system.
⚠️ Switching from Simple KCC is a straight-forward process and can be done later.