The Fusion Battle Royale Sample, aka Fusion BR or BR200 for short, is a AAA and production-ready third-person battle royale shooter game sample for up to 200 players at 60 Hz network simulation rate.
Matches are played on prototype maps that are semi-procedurally generated for every match.
This sample uses Client-Server topology and implements multiple server hosting modes that Photon Fusion supports:
- Player-hosted matches: A player machine runs the server but is also playable as a client.
- Self-hosted headless dedicated server (either on home computers or cloud providers).
- Hosting on the Multiplay platform provided by Unity, including queue-based Matchmaking.
Disclaimer: The documentation explains the gameplay and technical features of the game code as implemented with Photon Fusion only. For further details on the built-in Multiplay hosting and matchmaking, please refer to the specific documentation included in the package or the overview provided HERE.
Go to the Quickstart Guide to learn how to set up and run the project.
Platforms and Requirements
Fusion BR is built for PC with Keyboard and Mouse input.
Fusion BR runs on Windows (10 / 11), MacOS (Intel / M1) and Linux Ubuntu; these platforms are also supported both for regular PC builds as well as for the Dedicated Server build platform.
Unity 2021.3.5f1 or higher is required.
The Fusion BR sample presents patterns and implementations for the following features:
- Multiple gameplay modes - Battle Royale, Elimination, Deathmatch
- Hitscan weapons using a projectile data ring buffer
- Ability to run headless server instance configured by command line arguments
- Weapon dynamic dispersion, recoil, recoil patterns and recoil reduction
- Tick accurate animation system
- Advanced interest management
- Advanced input processing, custom look smoothing
- Health & damage system
- Projectile piercing (penetration)
- Player management - Joining/leaving, recovering player data after reconnect, late join
- Item boxes and pickups - Ammo, fuel, health, shield, weapons, grenades
- Dynamic item drops (player can drop weapons, grenades)
- Grenades - Explosive, flash, smoke
- Camera shake system
- Jetpack 🚀
- Spectator mode
- Semi-Procedurally generated levels
- Menu with matchmaking and options
- Announcer system
- Footstep system