Flow Fields is a navigation technique suitable for large amounts of units with a shared destination on grid based games (for example RTS, Tower Defense, etc). This addon supports map sizes up to 256x256 tiles.
- Quantum SDK 2.1 or up
- Unity LTS 2020.3 or up
|2.1.5||May 11, 2023||Flow Fields 2.1.5 Build 194|
- The Flow Fields Map data can only be modified in Verified frames;
- Lack of built-in unit aviodance (though it is possible to perform avoidance with using the physics systems - see the Advanced Example for more info).
The Three Core Concepts
- Flow Field Map: the grid in which units can move. This map is subdivided into smaller parts - the controllers;
- Flow Field Controller: these are smaller parts of the map. It contains portals (connectors between neighbouring controllers) and precomputed flows to these portals. Controllers are subdivided into smaller parts - the tiles;
- Flow Field Pathfinder: the unit componenent which provides the direction in which it should move.
Based on Quantum version 2.1.5 Stable 1144