Bot SDK Sample
- Download Stable
- Download Development
- The Sample Versions
- The Little Guys Sample
- The Spellcaster Sample
- 3rd Party Assets
This is a very simple showcase of Bot SDK features. Use it to decide if it fits your needs, or to get inspired on how to approach AI on your projects.
|2.1.0||Dec 05, 2022||Quantum BotSdk Sample Stable 2.1.0 Build 20|
|2.1.0||Dec 05, 2022||Quantum BotSdk Sample Development 2.1.0 Build 21|
The Sample Versions
This project comes in two different versions: the Stable and the Development versions.
The Development version is exclusive to the Photon Circle and has additional AI tooling which is still under development.
The Little Guys Sample
The sample contains:
- Sample code and AI documents for :
- Hierarchical Finite State Machine (HFSM);
- Behaviour Tree (BT);
- Goal Oriented Action Planning (GOAP) - exclusive to the Development build;
The quantum solution also comes with some samples on how to handle:
- Player Replacement: how to replace a player by a Bot if the player got disconnected during the match;
- Filling Room: how to fill the room with Bots if there are not enough players connected to the match;
- Bot Entities: creating entities which are not related to Players at all.
All of these configurable using the
The Spellcaster Sample
The sample contains:
- Sample code and an AI document for a Utility Theory agent (UT);
This sample is exlusive to the Development Build.
Once you have downloaded the sample, these are the most important parts that you should take a look at:
- When running the demo from the Game scene, select the QuantumRunner game object and define how many/which HFSMs, GOAPs and Players entities will be created for the offline test;
- When running it from the Menu scene, go to the
UIRoom.CheckForGameStart()method to define by code what are the HFSM/GOAP Bots (not related to players at all), and fill some booleans, such as the
ReplaceOnDisconnectto inform if players should be replaced by Bots if they get disconnected, the
FillRoomboolean to inform if the room should be populated with Bots if the game doesn't have enough players, and the
FillRoomCooldownFP in order to define how many seconds it takes for the room to be filled by the bots;
- On Quantum solution:
quantum_code\quantum.code\State_LittleGuysyou will find a sample
.qtnand two files with Decisions and Actions samples;
quantum_code\quantum.code\Systems_LittleGuysyou will find a systems that deal with HFSM and GOAP code, and the LittleGuysSystem which handles players connectivity/filling the room/replacement by Bots and so on.
- On Unity
Assets\BotDocumentsyou will find the HFSM and GOAP files used on the Visual Editor;
Assets\Resources\DB\CircuitExportyou will find the HFSM, GOAP and Blackboard files for the deterministic AI generated from the compile process;
Assets\Quantum\Lobby\UIRoom.csyou will find the place where the RuntimeConfig fields should be defined before starting the online match.
The sample HFSM provided:
The sample GOAP provided:The sample BT provided:
A small part of the sample Utility Theory provided:
3rd Party Assets
The Projectiles Sample includes several assets provided courtesy of their respective creators. The full packages can be acquired for your own projects at their respective site:
- Sherbb's Particle Collection by Sherbb
- Nature Kit by Kenney
- Blocky Characters by Kenney
- KayKit - Dungeon by Kay Lousberg
IMPORTANT: To use them in a commercial project, it is required to purchase a license from the respective creators.